Cass County Sheriff’s Office adjust operational procedures due to COVID-19
Web posted March 24, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our operational procedures and are ready to respond to public safety needs. One procedure change you may notice is when calling 911 for assistance. In the event of a medical emergency, you will be asked some screening questions pertaining to symptoms, as well as recent travel, during a set of pre-arrival instructions. These questions are important to help first responders determine the needs of the medical situation. If you need to communicate with or contact the Sheriff’s Office, dial 911 for Emergencies or 218-547-1424 for Non-Emergencies or Non-Emergency e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact information is available on our website at http://www.co.cass.mn.us/services/law_enforcement_and_corrections/index.php.
Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of our facilities and vehicles is ongoing. Our 24/7 operations will continue. Our Detention Center will be limited to off-site video visitation.
The Minnesota Department of Health and Cass County officials share the following information and resources.
• As always, we recommend that people stay home when sick, cover their cough and practice good hand hygiene. These recommendations are especially important during cold and flu season.
• Staying home when sick is a fundamental "stop the spread" tip that can be particularly difficult to follow, either because people have no sick leave or they feel otherwise compelled to show up and tough it out.
• Frequently clean all commonly touched work surfaces, work areas and equipment.
• During an outbreak, we strongly encourage employees to reconsider going to work when sick.
• Staying home when sick protects not only other individual employees, but also the larger workforce of an organization. One sick employee staying home may be an inconvenience, but an entire team of sick employees can become a far greater problem for the entire organization or business.
The best resource for accurate and up to date information is the Minnesota Department of Health website located at: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html or phone: 651-201-3920.
P.O. Box 145, Outing, MN 56662 • Phone 218-792-5842 • Fax 218-792-5844 • Email email@example.com