Roadwork on Hwy 6 near Emily and Outing for 2019
Web posted August 7, 2018
Businesses and residents in the Outing-Emily area were invited to attend an open house on Monday, July 30, to learn about a 2019 Highway 6 construction project.
Attendees learned about the project, work to be performed and tentative traffic plans.
Purpose of work
Resurface and improve Highway 6 from south of Emily near Perry Lake, to Lake Roosevelt bridge in Outing in 2019.
Summary of work
• Resurface 14 miles of roadway (mill and overlay)
• Pave gravel shoulders south of Emily
• Add right turn lanes at Smokey Hollow Rd and Fletcher Rd
• Replace sidewalk connecting the Roosevelt Lake Bridge and the public dock in Outing
• Replace/repair culverts and guardrail
• Periodic lane closures, flaggers and use of pilot car in rural areas
• Sidewalk closures in Outing
Northland Press | P.O. Box 145 | Outing, MN 56662 | (218) 692-5842