Fifty Lakes City Council
Web posted October 9, 2018
By Bill Monroe, Northland Press Correspondent
(Editor’s Note: The following article was written from the unapproved minutes of a meeting of the Fifty Lakes City Council held on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 as provided by the City Clerk.)
The Fifty Lakes City Council received another report of a profitable month at the municipal bar when it met in regular session Tuesday, September 11. Member present included Mayor Tim Anick and Council members Jodie Schrupp, Jay Weinmann, Linda Steffens and Mark Bradley. Karen Stern, Clerk Treasurer was also present.
Stern reported a profitable month for the bar. The Council reviewed the profit and loss report. The Council discussed a survey regarding the operation of the bar. John Kjera spoke to the Council regarding the survey and commented that the bar seems to be doing better. He asked the Council to consider keeping the liquor operations running under the same management for one more year.
Gary Buysee from the Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association will meet September 13 with the bar’s staff and management.
The Council approved hiring R. Faanes as a part-time bartender at $9.65 an hour and accepted the resignation of M. Sabourin and S. Johnson.
The Council discussed the 2019 budget and approved a preliminary budget total of $440,000 with $193,180 going to the general fund, $173,870 to roads, $65,450 to fire and rescue and $7,500 to parks.
In other business, the Council:
• Learned there were three medical calls in August;
• Were reminded by Council member Schrupp that cleanup day is Saturday September 15th;
• Voted to pay City Auditor CDS $8,375 and request additional information for the additional charges of $1,455;
• Agreed to accept bids for City Auditor for 2019 and
• Set October 16 at 7 p.m. as the time for Meet the Candidates night at the Community Center.
Northland Press | P.O. Box 145 | Outing, MN 56662 | (218) 692-5842