|Letters to the Editor Policy|
The Opinion Page of the Northland Press is an Open Forum for all points of view. Letters to the editor are for all members of our community and are strongly encouraged. The Editor does not have to agree with or share your opinion to publish your letter.
- LIMIT LETTERS TO 500 WORDS OR LESS.
- We must receive your letter by the 5 pm Thursday deadline.
- We require that you include your full name, address, and daytime phone number with each submission.
- Northland Press may contact you by phone for verification purposes only.
- Unsigned letters are neither read nor published.
The Northland Press does not discriminate with the exceptions that it will NOT print a letter that contains blasphemy or crude language. All political letters of support for a candidate are accepted from local area residents ONLY.
We request that your submissions be limited to a maximum of two letters per month.
We reserve the right to edit & make corrections for spelling or grammatical errors.
You may attach your letter to an Email and send to the following address:
The U.S. Constitution: Bill of Rights - Amendment I
Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”