STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF CASS
IN DISTRICT COURT NINTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: Other Civil
Court File No.: 11-CV-16-2253
Mark W. Jensen and Jacquelyn Jensen, Husband and wife, Plaintiffs,
Charles L. Kampa and Joann M. Kampa, husband and wife; The Roger W. and Virginia M. Seib Family Trust; The Eric W. Seib Trust, Thunder Lake Township, Cass County, Minnesota; JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A., a National Banking Association;
also any and all unknown heirs, successors and assigns of any of the above named Defendants, now deceased, together with all other persons and entities unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein, Defendants.
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: EACH ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANT.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is on file in the office of the court administrator of the above-named court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Kelly A. Warren
WILLENBRING, DAHL, WOCKEN
& ZIMMERMANN, PLLC
318 Main Street - PO Box 417
Cold Spring, MN 56320-0417
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs’ Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Cass County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows: That part of Government Lot 1, Section 8, Township 140 North, Range 26 West, Cass County, Minnesota, described as follows: Commencing at the Northwest corner of said Government Lot 1; thence South 88 degrees 22 minutes 43 seconds East, assigned bearing, along the North line thereof, for a distance of 1287.71 feet to the North Quarter Corner of said Section 8; thence South 48 degrees 31 minutes 25 seconds East 1439.19 feet; thence North 60 degrees 31 minutes 07 seconds East 71.25 feet to the point of beginning of the tract to be herein described; thence South 60 degrees 31 minutes 07 seconds West 71.25 feet; thence South 53 degrees 25 minutes 22 seconds West 125.92 feet; thence South 42 degrees 07 minutes 13 seconds East 201 feet, more or less, to the shoreline of Thunder Lake; thence Northeasterly along said shoreline to the intersection with a line bearing South 27 degrees 36 minutes 46 seconds East from the point of beginning; thence North 27 degrees 36 minutes 46 seconds West 202 feet, more or less, to the point of beginning.
Together with a 33.00 foot wide easement for ingress, egress and utility purposes over, under and across that part of Government Lot 1, Section 8, Township 140 North, Range 26 West, Cass County, Minnesota, the centerline of said 33.00 foot wide easement is described as follows: Commencing at the Northwest corner of said Government Lot 1; thence South 88 degrees 22 minutes 43 seconds East, assigned bearing, along the North line thereof, for a distance of 1287.71 feet to the North Quarter Corner of said Section 8; thence South 48 degrees 31 minutes 25 seconds East 1439.19 feet; thence North 60 degrees 31 minutes 07 seconds East 46.36 feet to the point of beginning of the centerline to be herein described; thence North 00 degrees 45 minutes 00 seconds East 32.97 feet; thence North 11 degrees 30 minutes 40 seconds East 32.64 feet; thence North 01 degrees 47 minutes 55 seconds East 84.59 feet to the centerline of Arrow Peninsula Drive NE and said described centerline there terminating. The sidelines of said 33.00 foot wide easement shall be prolonged or shortened to terminate on the centerline of said Arrow Peninsula Drive NE and on lines bearing North 60 degrees 31 minutes 07 seconds East and South 60 degrees 31 minutes 07 seconds West from the above described point of beginning.
The object of this action is to determine adverse claims and to adjudge title in Plaintiff as the fee owner of the above described property, free and clear of any right, estate, interest, or lien of the Defendants or anyone claiming under them, in or to said premises or any part thereof.
8. NO MONEY JUDGMENT IS BEING SOUGHT FROM ANY OF THE NAMED DEFENDANTS HEREIN. The sole purpose of this action is to establish clear title in Mark Jensen and Jacquelyn Jensen.
Dated this 1st day of December, 2016.
WOCKEN & ZIMMERMANN, PLLC
Kelly A. Warren (0387850)
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
318 Main Street - PO Box 417
Cold Spring, MN 56320-0417
Telephone: (320) 685-3678
Published in Northland Press: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, February 14, 2017, and February 21, 2017